Sunday, November 20, 2011

Im leaving on a jet plane

Just getting ready to fly out to go to Cancer Treatment Centers...HOPING for some new and and unconventional ways to fight my monster.  Today I think of Thanksgiving right around the corner!  I am so thankful for those who have joined me in my fight, for my new friends I have met that only through this crappy journey I would have.  I am so thankful for so many of my friends, but today two really stand out...I am thankful for them...For Dov who is the funniest darn person I have ever met, who takes this monster and turns it into something positive and inspires so many and for Crissy who is always thinking of others, lighting up a room with her amazing smile and the only person that can turn a hospital gown and IV into Couture clothing and accessories.

So today I give thanks for those amazing people who make me smile on days I want to cry!  I admire them so much for their strength.  I am also grateful for my affiliation with ACS's Relay for Life...that really changed me... IT has changed so many.  So this holiday season, I CHALLENGE everyone to do a good deed.  Join ACS and help with the fight.  I want to quote my friend AnnaLee who spends so much time volunteering for Relay..this is  from her amazing blog (hope its okay) "Without our time to help raise funds for cancer research, housing for cancer patients, free rides to treatment and other services the American Cancer Society offers, there would be no hope....Without our time, there is no time for the person who just heard the words "you have cancer." Without our time, cancer is a death sentence. 

So my challenge to everyone who reads this...PLEASE spend a moment to give something back to someone...be a friend for someone who needs a friend, give a ride, a hug, a card, a phone call, and make this world a little better place.

Cancer my be in my bones...but it doesn't have my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment