Wednesday, November 2, 2011

When God closes a door...


I have heard many times in my life that when God closes a door he opens a window.  In fact when I first got diagnosed with Cancer my Mom gave me a painting of an open window to remind me of just that.  After a nice little 2 foot fall off of a concrete bleacher this past weekend, I am on bed rest.  I thoroughly messed up my foot.  I didn't think it possible to bruise your entire foot.  So here I sit..3 days of nothing but bed, ice, elevation etc. my mind is on overdrive.  I have been doing a lot of reading from books I got at my recent visit to my cancer hospital.  I also have been reading about how changing diet can fix part of the problem.  However after much rest, I have come to the realization that there is only so much reading and channel surfing one can do.  I have been thoroughly inpired though.

Somone has pointed out that since school begin my blogging has been neglected.  So, for those of you who care about my recent medical discoveries, here goes!  I have not had the best news as far as my treatment has gone.  I am currently on option #3 of 3 and its sort of working.  Its destroying cancer cells, but its also destroying good cells.  I have very low lymphocytes.  I have developed other conditions as "side effects" too.  I keep positive most of the time, but the fact that I am told that I have a Rare Leukemia and that it is incurable, IS JUST PLAIN OL' NOT ACCEPTABLE!!  SO for today I chose not to accept that option.  I have been reading about natural foods to heal your body.  I am stubborn and I am going to prove them wrong.  I am a true believer that by taking a pill cannot cure what ails you.  To me its a wheel with many spokes.  Right now I have a few broken spokes.  I am going to fix what I can.  Seek out what else can work, and simply not take NO for an answer.  I DO NOT accept that I cannot be cured.  I am not willing to sit by and wait and see what happens!  I am going to find a way to crawl through that window and find a way to cure my "incurable" "rare" CANCER!

No comments:

Post a Comment