Tuesday, June 28, 2011

NO coincidences.

Amie, ME, and Mary Kay

 
I am a firm believer that there are no coincidences in life.  After having a great weekend in SLC with my two youngest boys, I had decided to stay over and make a trip to up to Huntsman.  I have shared my story of "the Chemo Bunny."  After I had my blood draw, weight, and blood pressure, I asked my nurses if they have seen him recently and was told NO.  So I decided to head right on over to infusion and leave one of my FightStrong bracelets for him.  When I asked at infusion, the receptionist says...OH yes, and hes here today... Really??  WOW I was so excited and surprised...and she said "you ought to see what he's wearing today, his shirt says BLEEP CANCER, I'm going running.  SO when I walked back to infusion standing right in the middle of a crowd was my HERO, once again spreading sunshine to others!  He greeted me with a hug and we chatted for a minute.  My boys and I were able to pass out more bracelets to other patients while infusing.  I thoroughly believe this journey we are on is all about interaction with others!  HOW awesome is that, that when I decided on a stay over trip, my friend would be there in his (BLEEP) Cancer shirt and all!
 
It was also awesome to see the two amazing women who have encouraged me along, listened to my fears, made me laugh, and KEEP me alive.  MY heart was full when my 9 year old hugged my Nurse and said "Thanks for keeping my mom alive."
MY TWO awesome Nurses with my Boys
James, Amie, Jaydon, and MaryKay

No comments:

Post a Comment